The organized Bowling Season normally runs from April 15th to October 2nd. Winter Bowling may be an option if Westshore Parks & Recreation (WSPR) allow access to the Greens (Oct 3rd, to Apr 14th). To join we only have the annual memberships as listed below, there are no initiation or monthly fees.
For the fees associated with the different types of membership see Membership Fee Schedule below for details.
- Regular- Entitles you to take part in any or all our club’s activities, apply for locker rental and have Member’s Only access to the website.
- Secondary- Must be a member of another club and have already paid the Bowls Canada + Bowls BC fee. Classed as a Full Member. May join other JDF members in closed BSI tournaments.
- Associate- Must be a member of another club and have already paid the Bowls Canada + Bowls BC fee. They can bowl from April 15th to October 2nd, participate in the Daily Draws or any event that does not have a trophy including all social activities. Associate members cannot represent JDF at any BSI tournament, may not play with JDF members in closed BSI tournaments, as they would be representing their home club. Will be given access to the Members Only section of the website.
- Young Adult Aged 17-24- Access to all club activities.
- Aged 16 & Under- Access to all club activities.
- Social- Access to all social activities, except lawn bowling.
- Joining after July 15th.Entitles you to take part in any or all our club’s activities, apply for locker rental and have Member’s Only access to the website. Only the Adult fee is listed in the schedule, and we have one for Young Adults & Youth too please select CONTACT US
You need to complete a Membership Registration Form when you first join the club and every year thereafter.
The Membership Registrar is available on opening days to register you and take payment. Your annual fee is payable by:
- Interact e-transfer (email email@example.com )
- Cheque (made payable to “Juan de Fuca Lawn Bowls Club”)
If the Registrar is not present the cheque or cash may put in the mailbox within the club’s office at the Juan de Fuca Clubhouse. Please mark your envelope “Attn: Membership Registrar”, along with your name and phone #.
If you have questions or need help with the application forms, please select CONTACT US to request assistance.
Guest or Visiting Bowlers:
- Guest Bowler(s) must be invited by a member of the Juan de Fuca LBC, or a visiting bowler can select CONTACT US to ask for permission to come and bowl at Juan de Fuca Lawn Bowls Club. Guests and Visitors must sign in upon arrival, the Sign in Book is in the office.
- Members from other clubs may bowl at JDF LBC Club for a total of THREE visits in one bowling season but only with a JDF LBC member present. After that if they wish to continue bowling at JDF LBC they must then join as an Associate or Secondary member.
- JDF LBC members who have family or friends visiting who are bowlers are allowed to bring them down to our club and join us in our Daily draw, Tea Day, or any Fun Day event.
MEMBERSHIP FEE SCHEDULE
All fees we collect are allocated to the organizations noted in the schedule table below. The Juan de Fuca LBC does not keep any of these fees for their own use. That is why the grants we apply for and fundraising we do is so important to the livelihood of the Club.
The fees we pay to Westshore Parks & Recreation (WSPR) cover the use and maintenance of the Club House from April 15 to October 2nd. This includes repairs, housekeeping, utilities, washroom supplies etc. WSPR Greenkeepers also maintain all the greens and the surrounding areas and are responsible for the greens throughout the year. This includes prepping the greens in the spring by aerating and sanding. All four greens are cut and rolled daily on a rotational basis, they are fertilized and treated to keep them weed and fungus free throughout the year.
NOTE: **Westshore Parks & Recreation (WSPR) fees traditional increase by a minimum of 2% each year
UPDATED: MARCH 2022 (Membership totals have been rounded)
*Bowls BC & Bowls Canada have structured their fees differently this year, it is no longer a cost per member but now a fixed sum for each club. For 2022 the fixed sum is based on our 2019 Membership totals. Going forward the combined fee owed to Bowls BC & Bowls Canada will be based on our previous years’ membership numbers.